Gel iQ Base Coat Step 2
The second step of the Depend Gel iQ system. It provides protection to the nails before applying the semi-permanent Gel iQ colour polish. This product is included in the Depend Gel iQ Start kit. Product compatible with the GelLack LED lamp.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The UV/Led lamp and all products included in the Gel iQ Start kit are required to apply the semi-permanent gel manicure. Gel iQ is also excellent for the toenails, the treatment is performed in the same way as on the fingernails. Read through and follow all the instructions for use and the safety information carefully, and have everything you need to hand before you start the treatment.
Gel iQ benefits:
- NO PREP means you do not have to prepare your natural nails by buffing them or applying a strong primer, which can affect the condition of your nails and should therefore be avoided. Gel iQ requires only light cleaning with a mild Pre-Cleanser prior to applying the gel products.
- The UV/LED lamp has been specially developed and has a curing time of 30 seconds for each stage of gel application. The symbiosis between lamp and gel produces an evening-out effect, where any ridges disappear during curing, even if the gel has not been applied evenly. Once the top coat has been cured under the lamp, all you have to do is clean your nails with High Shine Cleanser, which produces a fantastic shine and intense colour. The gel is now cured and dry, can be touched and will withstand knocks.
- Gel iQ produces long-lasting results, with up to 14 days’ wear.
- The removal process for Gel iQ is unique and also gentle on natural nails, as it requires only a special vegetable oil and warm water soak. In some instances, for example if you have extremely dry nails, a stronger remover product may be required.
1. The product is not intended for use by persons under 16 years old. Keep out of reach of children.2. The product is not intended to be applied more than once every 14 days.3. Avoid contact with skin. If applied to nails, care should be taken to ensure application to the surface of the nail only and not surrounding skin or cuticles. If on skin or cuticles, remove the product carefully using Gel iQ Pre-Cleanser on a cotton bud. Once curing is complete, wash skin carefully with soap and water to remove any incidental contamination. 4- Avoid contact with eyes. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.5- Always cure for 30 seconds between each coat using the UV/LED lamp. A shorter curing time will result in under-cured material and consequently an increased risk of allergy and a less durable finish. 6- Allergy information: Contains ingredients that have the potential to cause an allergic reaction in sensitive persons. Stop using this product if you develop redness or itching. If you experience a smarting pain, itching or swelling during the treatment, remove uncured material using a cotton wool pad moistened with Gel iQ Pre-Cleanser, and then wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. If the problems persist, contact a doctor for advice. If skin irritation or rash occurs after treatment: Get medical advice/attention. 7- When applying products, always leave a decent safety margin around the cuticles.
Do not use this product: 1. If you have ever experienced any reaction after use of. 2. If you are allergic to acrylates, as these products may cause an allergic reaction. 3. If your cuticles are split or damaged, etc. or if your nails are in poor condition (thin, dry or split). 4. If you bite your nails or have short nails, where the tip of your nail (the top) ends below the skin of your fingertips. Pre-Cleanser and High Shine Cleanser: Highly flammable.
UV/LED lamp Read through the separate set of instructions for the UV/LED lamp before using it for the first time. Do not look directly at the light from the UV/LED lamp when it is in use. Always unplug the lamp when you have finished applying the products. The lamp has a timer, which must always be set to 30 seconds. The lamp generates heat and may feel slightly hotter if you have thin nails or apply too thick a coat of gel to the nail. This abates after treatment.
Storing Gel iQ at home
Gel iQ is sensitive to light. Take care, therefore, to screw the top on immediately after use. Wipe the thread on the neck of the bottle, so there is less risk that the bottle will be difficult to open next time you use it.
How often can I apply Gel iQ? Gel iQ lasts for up to two weeks, and so we recommend not changing colour more frequently than this. If you do, the effect on your nails is more severe, which may cause a deterioration in the condition of your natural nails. We also recommend that after removal you wait a week before applying Gel iQ again and check your nails to ensure that they are in good condition. If not, then wait until they are in good condition again. If you want to change colour more frequently, we suggest that you use conventional nail polish.
Preparations before/after treatment: While applying products, protect the surface where you are sitting with a towel. Make sure there is plenty of ventilation as you work. Ensure you have good lighting. If you still have polish or traces of it on your nails, remove it with Depend (super quick) blue nail polish remover. Before you apply Gel iQ, file your nails to the preferred length and shape. Have cotton buds handy to be able to remove unwanted gel from the skin easily using the Pre-Cleanser. In case of spillage on the lamp, bottle or top, clean with Pre-Cleanser and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Application technique
To avoid getting the gel on your skin, we recommend that you always: 1- Apply the gel in plenty of light and adopt a good posture.
2- Leave a decent safety margin around the cuticles when applying products, taking particular care when applying the base and topcoats because these are transparent and slightly more difficult to see.
3- Stroke the brush against the inside of the neck of the bottle before applying the gel, to avoid getting too much on the brush and applying too thick a coat. Too much gel increases the risk of it spreading on to the cuticles.
4- Begin by applying the gel to the four fingers of one hand, from the little finger to the index finger. Complete all steps on these four fingers before moving on to the other hand and the thumbs. Finally, carry out all steps on both thumbs together. Remember that the gel will not dry until you cure it under the UV/LED lamp, so you can take your time to apply it. Important! Ensure that all your fingers are properly exposed to the light from the UV/LED lamp. Remember not to touch the nail with your fingers during application.
DO NOT USE GEL IQ:1- If you have ever experienced any reaction after use of UV/LED-cured nail products.
2- If you are allergic to acrylates, as these products may cause an allergic reaction. 3
3- If your cuticles are split or damaged, etc. or if your nails are in poor condition (thin, dry or split). 4
- If you bite your nails or have short nails, where the tip of your nail (the top) ends below the skin of your fingertips.